I've been working day and night for the past few days on an already-late project for work. The fact that the project requires a computing language that was very unfamiliar to me just a few short weeks ago certainly adds to the brain drain. But, it's a language I've been wishing I had a reason to learn for years now so I'm definitely not complaining!
- Blogging from the Command-Line — I'm a command-line person.
- Being Greedy With Bash — Last night at my C/Unix class the professor quickly glossed over an interesting shell scripting technique that allows you to strip stuff off the beginning or end of a variable.
- I subconsciously converted a problem into a shell script — I have been writing a lot of shell scripts lately as part of the C/Unix class that I'm taking at Harvard Extension.
- Escaping Filename or Directory Spaces for rsync — To rsync a file or directory that contains spaces, you must escape both the remote shell and the local shell.
- Fixing Boot-Time Dialog Display Issues — Dialog is a really useful utility for creating professional looking dialog boxes and menus within a shell script.